12.13.2010

More Christmas Books

The 12 Days of ChristmasWe have found a few more titles to add to our Christmas reading list.  After all, we have a lot of finding to do if we are ever going to be able to start an advent book pile like this one.

We are love love loving, The 12 Days of Christmas.  It is a simple board book really, everything you would expect from the title.  But the key is to sing it.  H and I couldn't help ourselves.  We sing it at the top of our lungs.  Each page only deals with the corresponding number and gift, but we then flip back through the pages and sing it like you would the actual song.  I would love to learn to sign this book too in ASL (one of our family goals for learning languages.)   But for now it is just, sing it Mama for me.  OK, maybe our kids will remember us a crazy, but at least they are having fun.

Also from our last trip to the library - in the seasonal category, is: What the Little Fir Tree Wore to the Christmas Party and Christmas In Mouseland (Angelina Ballerina).  If you haven't heard of the Little Fir Tree it is a sentimental little book about a little fir tree who longs to wear a white dress to the Christmas party.  It has lovely illustrations and you can almost imagine that all trees talk to each other after reading this one.

Lastly, I stumbled upon I Love Christmas, because I am a huge fan of Anna Walkers books, and it is just as lovely as I expected.  I was sad to give this one away as a gift.  Hmm, might have to pick up a copy for us.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment